April has a list she does every year near her birthday. While I commend her for wanting to do "33 Things" before she turns 32, I'm turning 38 next year -- and "39 things" is a lot of things, even if it's just piddling things. I'll be old, one day, if I'm lucky. And I don't want to think of 99 things when I turn 98. Sorry. I'm sticking with 10. It's a good number. 1. Print and distribute my short story collection.
2. Memorize a poem that I like.
3. Memorize some more Mark Twain quotes. (Everybody likes Twain quotes, right?)
4. Less Facebook. More books.
5. Shine shoes like a pro. Pop that rag!
6. Get my USCF rating to above 1400.
7. Finish "Improve Your Chess Tactics" by
8. Every week, work on my novel.
9. Get our garden going.
10. Meditate more.