I can already tell this is going to be a buzy week.
(1) Kennedy is sick, and Melissa is taking her to the doctor today. She's been running a fever all weekend. I'm taking the day off at noon to look after K, while Melissa goes back to work.
(2) We might get a puppy in the next day or two. Melissa's mom told us there's a puppy that was abandoned and needs a good home. So right now, we're getting the house ready for the new arrival.
(3) NaNoWriMo starts at midnight tonight. My goal is to get 2,000 words tonight before I go to bed. We'll see if that's realistic at midnight. Yesterday, I went to the kick-off gathering at Joe's Crab Shack. Hung out with Leah and some other folks, which was cool.
(4) Tom is flying in on Thursday. Really looking forward to seeing him again. We've converted the office in a deluxe suite with a super comfy air mattress.
(5) Wizard World Texas starts on Friday. We've got the cook-out that night. Because of events on Saturday, I'm trying to keep it a little more "low key" than last year's. Just a gathering of friends. (Yes, if you are reading this, you fall into "friend" category.) Cook some burgers, etc.
(6) On Saturday night, Fanboy Radio is hosting a Mahfood - Crosland Art Show at J. Gilligan's in Arlington. This is not something you want to miss! click here for more info