It's been a good year, if not a little chaotic at times. Yesterday may have offered the perfect metaphor. The tornado siren sounded, so Melissa, Kennedy, and I squeezed into the hallway closet. It's a tiny closet. There we were among the coats, illuminated by the light of our cell phones. I was happy to have us all together, hiding from the natural disaster that never hit.
Memorable events for 2006:
* Melissa's surprise party.
* dEUS at SXSW. Met Tom Barman.
* Book Tour for Emily Edison.
* Taking Kennedy to the kiddie water park.
* Lizz goes to the Emergency Room.
* San Diego. Brock, Tom, Jim, me, and a bottle of rum.
* Melissa's first roller derby bout.
* Kennedy opening her Christmas presents
Favorite comic books in 2006:
* Buddha (softcover) vols.1-4
* Scott Pilgrim and the Infinite Sadness
* Flight, vol. 3
* Next Wave: Agents of H.A.T.E.
* Fun Home
* Sunset City
Favorite TV Shows in 2006:
* Dead Wood
* Studio 60
* The Office
* Rollergirls on A&E
Favorite movies I watched in 2006:
Favorite food for 2006:
* Pineapple Chicken Curry from Bangkok City. I may have to retire this category.
Favorite music for 2006:
* Salim Nourallah, Beautiful Noise
* Pulp, Different Class
* Astor Piazzolla, The Lausanne Concert
* Gnarls Barkley, St. Elsewhere
* Paper Jones, Paper Jones
It's late. I've got some actual writing to do before I can go to sleep.